GOALS

Promote involvement in the architecture profession and the community

A foundation for professional and educational development

Provide the resources and support for interns on the path to licensure

contact: aiasww.elg@gmail.com

4.23.2008

NCARB

Hi All,

I don't know if any of you remember an email I sent awhile back asking if anyone is still waiting on NCARB for testing. I had a handful in that situation which I had forward along to see if there's anything that can be done. I know for a fact there are a number of you still having problems with NCARB, especially the way they maintain your records. Well, it seems that NCARB will now finally listen to what we have to say, but we need to have concrete examples to make a case. The WA interns right now has the support of the AIA SWW Chapter and the AIA WA council to present this to NCARB. However, I need you all to contribute your voices to make this a strong case.

So I'm asking you to please let me know ANY problems that you have encountered with NCARB (my email's below). The problems can be IDP or ARE related or the quality of customer service or even the multiple fees we have to pay. You could even voice your concern about the new "six-month rule" that's about to be implemented. We can stop this rule from going into effect if there are enough oppositions.

Also, don't forget our 1st annual Associates Social Event on Wednesday April 30th, 5:30-8:30pm at Theatre on the Square. Bring a friend or two or three!

No comments: